Construction City is an office location, knowledge park and a learning center for the leading competence activities in the building, construction, recycling and real estate sectors in Norway. It will offer co-location of large and small businesses across the industry, in order to be able to boost the entire industry's innovation and competitiveness.
Construction City will provide space for incubator businesses, educational institutions, consulting firms, architect offices, real estate developers and contractors.
In order to carry out the aforementioned role and the described services this entails, it is necessary for CCC to collect or otherwise process personal data.
Essentially, these will be treatments done for the following purposes:
manage, manage and follow up the CCC's role as a knowledge park and learning center in the building, construction, recycling and real estate sectors; including billing
managing, managing, operating and promoting a business cluster and center of expertise, including cluster membership;
- manage, manage, operate commercial property, premises and parking facilities;
- compliance with statutory obligations, e.g. in connection with accounting under section 13 of the Accounting Act;
- execution and delivery of services in agreements we enter into with you, your company or your employer;
- networking within the industry cluster;
- perform the testing, analysis and development of our above services;
- mailing of marketing, newsletters, contests and invitations; including to cluster members and their specified contact addresses
- developing personal / customer profile to customize marketing and information;
- conducting and evaluating various professional and social courses and events, including the establishment of participant lists with contact information and event marketing;
- assessments of ideas and/or applications, including job applications;
- reporting - both to external and internal clients, owners, tenants, etc;
- other appropriate measures related to our role as a knowledge park and national learning center;
- other purposes for which you have given your express consent;
For purposes of the purposes described above, CCC will from time to time share personal information with cluster members and external partners.
However, Construction City Cluster AS (CCC) is responsible for processing all the above-mentioned processing of personal data.
What are our legal grounds for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for processing your personal information will vary depending on the situation. Our treatment bases used will mainly be:
- Compliance with statutory obligations: CCC may be required by law to have a reporting obligation or given the obligation to store documents involving the processing of personal data, for example, the Accounting Act may require the storage of accounting documentation.
- Necessary to fulfill an agreement: CCC processes registered personal information in accordance with the agreement with CCC's clients and cluster members. For example, it may be necessary for CCC to have an up-to-date register of persons or employees who should have access to cluster member information, events or premises.
- Legitimate interest: CCC has a legitimate interest in publishing information about the knowledge park and learning center as well as marketing offers and services in this context to registered contacts, customers and others to whom CCC must be considered to have a customer relationship. However, CCC will not use this as a basis for treatment in cases where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms must be considered to take precedence.
- Consent: In some cases, the CCC would like to process personal data beyond the bases mentioned above. CCC will not process your personal data unless we have voluntary, express and informed consent from you.
- Transparency: You have the right to know what information we have recorded about you (subject to the restrictions provided by applicable law). We will respond to requests for access as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days.
- Correction and Deletion: You may require that incorrect, unnecessary, defective or outdated personal data be corrected or removed by CCC.
- Withdraw consent: You may withdraw any consent you have given to CCC at any time to process your personal information. For example, you can easily unsubscribe from newsletters that you receive by email.
More about courses, social activities etc. arranged by CCC
CCC publishes and implements measures that should be of interest to our companies, partners and other interested parties. CCC will regularly invite lectures, courses, social activities, etc. arranged by or under the direction of CCC. Whoever receives invitations will, of course, vary, but may include cluster members and their contacts, customers, people who have registered for reception as well as participants at previous or similar events.
In connection with participation in such an event, a participant list will normally be prepared, usually with contact information such as name and, if applicable, employer and e-mail address. Such participant lists will not be disclosed to outside parties other than organizers of the event and their contractors. Occasionally, participant lists may be circulated among participants, but normally without email addresses.
Participant lists may be stored by CCC. Within the framework of the Personal Data Act and the Marketing Act section 15, participant lists may be used by CCC for marketing similar benefits as the benefits on which personal data was provided to CCC. For example, if you have signed up for a Construction City Coffee event, you may also be invited to the same or similar event at a later date.
Registered persons can request removal from such lists at any time. There are also usually unsubscribe options in invitation mail sent from CCC.
If we take pictures of you at an event, we should always ask for your consent in the continued use of portrait images for website and / or social media. Portrait images are images where one or a few individual (s) is the main subject. However, when using situational images in connection with various events, we may reproduce images publicly, for example, on the website and / or in social media, without the consent of those depicted provided the image reproduces assemblies or the event is of general interest. Situational images are images where the activity or event in the image is the real subject. Exactly who is in the picture is then less important than the main content.
Details on sending newsletters from CCC
In order for us to send you news and information about CCC, we need your contact information. Newsletters are mainly sent electronically to the given e-mail address, but other channels can sometimes be used.
CC will obtain consent to send newsletters by e-mail to personal e-mail addresses. The email address is stored in a separate database operated by our subcontractor (data processor) and is not shared with others. It is voluntary to give such consent and such consent may be withdrawn at any time, for example, by clicking on the "end newsletter" at the bottom of each email you receive. The email address will be deleted from the newsletter database when you unsubscribe.
More on storage time
CCC retains personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above or to comply with specific legal requirements. This means that the storage time for different types of information and purposes will necessarily vary.
For example, section 13 of the Accounting Act requires that certain information must be stored for five years, while other documents must be stored for three and a half years after the end of the financial year. These documents may contain personal information which is then also stored accordingly.
More of your personal information, such as contact information/email address, we need to store as long as we provide a service to you or as long as you subscribe to a newsletter or similar. If, on the other hand, you terminate the service or unsubscribe from a newsletter, your personal information will be deleted without undue delay.
Other types of personal information (eg application / CV for a job vacancy in CCC) would like to have a shorter storage need.
Your rights and remedies
You have the right to:
Reserving yourself against unwanted marketing: You can reserve yourself against various forms of direct marketing (email, addressed mail, SMS, etc.) from CCC and against the use of profiling for marketing purposes.
Protest or complaint:If you believe we are doing something wrong with your personal information, you can protest against further processing or complaint about our treatment.
You can read more about the content of all your rights on the Norwegian Data Protection Agency's website: Your rights
To claim your rights or request more information about our processing of personal data, please contact us at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +4792412441.
If you believe that our processing of personal data does not match what we have described above or that we otherwise violate the privacy laws, we ask that you contact us / complain to us. Of course, you also have the right to appeal to the Data Inspectorate.